Monday, October 1, 2007

Phone Calls


This past week I heard from Emily 4 different times. Unfortunately 2 of the phone calls I missed because I was working, but she sounded very weary in her messages. The first phone call (a voice mail I received after my lunch break) was in regards to needing her marriage license faxed over. She sounded very tired and I was afraid she was regretting her decision, but thankfully when I did speak to her a couple of days later she was just ready to get to Boot Camp. She was actually shipped to procession before Boot Camp and could not be shipped out until she received her marriage license. During the second phone call it was very obvious that she was being monitored. She was not really allowed to talk about much more than needing her marriage license and telling me where to fax it. I can imagine that her drill sergeant wasn't very gracious to her for forgetting to bring that with her.
Yesterday I was able to speak to Private Johnson for about 10 minutes. She was injured last week when jogging down a hill outside. She was in a line with her platoon and some girls who were goofing off started a domino effect knocking everyone down. Emily was injured in this accident and was unable to ship out with her platoon at the end of that week. It turns out that her injury probably saved her from being in a Platoon that at this point is not doing very well in Boot Camp. She said she has made a few new friends while in procession and is looking forward to shipping out Tues (Oct. 2nd) or Wed. (Oct 3rd).
I pray for her everyday and am so proud of her. I visited a war memorial this past weekend and was filled with so much pride. My little sister is doing such a beautiful and honorable thing and I am so happy to say that she is MY sister.

3 comments:

Stevie A. McHugh said...

Go, Emmie! You can do it! My prayers are with you and Logan! ...and Kiki and Maddie, too, of course. Sending buckets of love your way via prayer. Love, Mom

Stevie A. McHugh said...

Go, Emmie! Many thoughts and prayers are with you as you get started in boot camp. If anyone can do it, you can do it! Buckets of love coming your way through prayers.
Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

Wow nik, this is going to be a life-changing experience. I know i am lookig forward to seeing the fruit it will produce.

In Christ's Love,
Bethany